The Art of Letting Go

 

The world is moving fast. By the time we blink, a year has gone by. We ignore ourselves and continue running in this never-ending race. At one particular stage, we are so bothered about “winning” this invisible race that we forget to dust ourselves of all the dirt that we have accumulated. The dust becomes filth and covers us completely. Yet, we continue running, due to the fear of failing and losing out.

Like many others, I too became a part of the “race of life”. Initially, I thought it would end with school. Alas, I was gravely mistaken. It does not stop with school or college or work. It goes on and on. Hence, it is the need of this hour to pause. To pause and observe ourselves, our journeys, our path ahead and those around us. It is beautiful to see the ever-spinning world as a spectator.

It is important to let go of all the emotions, anger, envy, hatred that is stored in you. When we leave the race of our current life, we leave our belongings and our bodies, but we carry with us those emotions that strongly affected us. Isn’t it our duty to free our souls of these emotions?

These memories are stored in our bodies until we consciously let go of them. Generally, joints and feet are the most common body part to bare the brunt of these emotions. At times, these emotions manifest as various bodily ailments and psychosomatic autoimmune diseases. This is the time when one should investigate and take measures to heal themselves.

Listen to your body. It will tell you when something is wrong.

When my body started acting up in the form of stress and anxiety, I knew something was wrong. I decided to take a break and focus on myself. I started to practise meditation and yoga regularly. Along with this, I started to let go of all the emotions that were clogging me. I started forgiving myself for the mistakes I made.

When it comes to forgiving, it is the hardest to forgive yourself. It took me a lot of time to cleanse myself of the toxins. Although I am not completely free of the dirt, the process of letting go has made me feel light. I can feel every step I take and am able to observe my breath. My stress and anxiety have reduced, and I have come to the conclusion that ruining one’s health for the sake of worldly gains is not worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts